The police raided Andrew’s Norfolk home this morning
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested.
The police raid follows emails released by the US Department of Justice that appeared to show the former duke sharing reports of official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Photographs of unmarked police cars and plainclothes officers at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate just after 8am were published on Thursday.
A statement from Thames Valley police said: “We have today (19/2) arrested a man in his 60s from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk. The man remains in police custody at this time.”
The arrest came as Mountbatten-Windsor celebrated his 66th birthday at home.
Police had been assessing allegations that Mountbatten-Windsor – formerly known as Prince Andrew – shared sensitive information with the billionaire child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein when he was a UK trade envoy.
Oliver Wright, Thames Valley Police’s assistant chief constable, said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.”
Continue reading...